Last week, we talked about finding conference sponsors from your local network, working with local businesses. Today, let’s talk about being your own sponsor.
|Adele McAlear shared her
experience with local sponsors
on last week’s post
Why put your conference attendance into someone else’s hands? Take charge and send yourself to the event. If it is worth attending, isn’t it worth sponsoring yourself?
1. Total up all your expenses for the trip.
Airfare or transportation, hotel, conference registration, meals, pocket money, and anything else that you’ll have to pay.
2. Figure how much you’ll need to save per month.
Count the number of months between now and the conference. Divide your total expenses into monthly amounts.
3. Make a plan to get there.
Figure out a way to dedicate some revenue to your conference fund.
- Offer a special sale.
- Put one item on sale, and dedicate profit from it to your fund.
- Set aside a percentage of all your sales.
- Commit to an extra hour of work each week.
- Make and hold one extra selling appointment per week.
Let your customers know what your purpose is. You’ll be surprised who is willing to spend a bit extra to help out, while still getting a good deal for themselves.
4. Not enough time? Start now for next year.
Yes, a full year out. If that’s what it takes, do it.
How do you find the money to attend conferences?
Next week: How to earn your conference costs back, or getting the most out of conferences and events before you ever leave the house.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022