Rural sourcing is like outsourcing, except to rural areas with lower costs of doing business. It’s like off-shoring, only it’s on-shoring.
We’ve talked about it before, most recently in “Rural sourcing can replace outsourcing.”
Two more rural outsourcing firms to watch:
- Saturn Systems celebrated 20 years in 2010.
- Rural America OnShore Outsourcing has a collection of whitepapers, webinars and other educational materials about onshoring.
Watch for this trend to accelerate in 2011, pushed by global supply chain problems.
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020