Time to get your business finances under control. I recommend you do it the easy way: make the computers do most of the work.
I’ve long been a fan of Outright. It asks you to track only the minimum of detail required to do your income taxes. (As a sole proprietor, that’s a Schedule C.) Outright will pull transactions straight from your online banking.
End of year tip: if you can find a way to export your whole year of transaction data from your online banking, Outright will import it. Then next year, it can pull data automatically throughout the year.
Since you didn’t have to type in all your transactions, you can breathe a sigh of relief and classify them into the basic categories Outright provides.
Outright can do much more, but it is the basics you need to focus on at first. Get things in order. It makes a huge difference in every facet of your business.
I recently learned about Wave Accounting. It looks good, too, though I haven’t met their people or used their system yet.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
Jennifer Escalona @ Outright says
Thanks, Becky! We are thrilled you gave us a shout out! Will you make it out to SXSW again next year? Looking forward to seeing you!
Becky McCray says
Jennifer, thanks for dropping by. I will be at SXSW, and hope to catch up with you, too.