Last week, a simple Facebook post about tourism turned into an impromptu brainstorming session. Let’s add to it. Here’s the original post, a tweet I borrowed from @Miss_Dazey:
from @Miss_Dazey: “Personal opinion: Small businesses should promote tourism. Tourists like neat local places, don’t always know about them.”
Vikki Dearing: I so agree!!!
GlennaMae Hendricks: And, then, get the local CofC/Tourist Bureau to issue everyone who stops by a map with “neat local places” starred or dotted or whatever–AND put the map up on the website and KEEP IT UPDATED!
Deb During Debworks Brown: and the Chamber and Tourism people need to team up and promote each other. Then there’s the walking tours and driving tours you can download from the website. I could go on and on and on!
GlennaMae Hendricks: Now, if “the powers that be” were only listening! (Alternatively, Becky & I & Deb could just be allowed to run the world. ;P)
Join the brainstorming! What can you add?
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021