Last week, a simple Facebook post about tourism turned into an impromptu brainstorming session. Let’s add to it. Here’s the original post, a tweet I borrowed from @Miss_Dazey:
from @Miss_Dazey: “Personal opinion: Small businesses should promote tourism. Tourists like neat local places, don’t always know about them.”
Vikki Dearing: I so agree!!!
GlennaMae Hendricks: And, then, get the local CofC/Tourist Bureau to issue everyone who stops by a map with “neat local places” starred or dotted or whatever–AND put the map up on the website and KEEP IT UPDATED!
Deb During Debworks Brown: and the Chamber and Tourism people need to team up and promote each other. Then there’s the walking tours and driving tours you can download from the website. I could go on and on and on!
GlennaMae Hendricks: Now, if “the powers that be” were only listening! (Alternatively, Becky & I & Deb could just be allowed to run the world. ;P)
Join the brainstorming! What can you add?
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020