Imagine if your most enthusiastic and wonderful tour leader could guide every group of visitors. You know, that one person who tells the best stories, who makes it all come to life… what if that person guided every visitor?
The Shattuck, Oklahoma, Windmill Museum uses FM radio to broadcast “Windmill Willie’s Story About Windmills.” I think that is pretty cool. (I didn’t tune in because I was headed to a meeting and just stopped long enough to snap this pic.)
You’ve probably seen audio CDs used to promote a tourism destination. One use that makes a lot of sense is a driving tour on CD. Pop it in the ol’ CD player in the car, and head out on the tour.
How about getting even more modern? Let’s take that same audio and go online. If you are not a technical wiz, get together with someone who is, to get started. And check out our friend Des Walsh’s Basic Resources for Podcasting.
If you are technical, make an MP3 and upload it to your server. Or try out Utterli.com to host your files. Utterli will let you embed their player right on your site. (See an example of the embedded Utterli player here.)
The ultimate goal is to give your visitor another way to connect with your destination.
Do you have any examples of effective audio for tourism?
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022