Alva Area Chamber of Commerce Director Alexandra Mantz explained, “We hope to bring budding entrepreneurs in the region together to talk and find resources that will help them get started.”
That’s exactly the right reason for small town entrepreneurs to attend these kind of networking events: to make local connection, to share resources, to succeed.
The coalition of groups working on this event are Oklahoma’s Partners for Progress, including:
- Alva Area Chamber of Commerce
- Woods County Economic Development Committee
- Northwest Oklahoma Alliance
- Northwestern Oklahoma State University
- Northwest Technology Center
- Rural Enterprises, Inc.
- Oklahoma Department of Commerce Business Solutions
This is not their first event. Earlier in the year, they hosted a couple of great workshops.
What are the entrepreneur events in your area? Are you participating?
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020