Small town businesses and tourism groups are using Twitter for marketing and building community. One of the problems with that can be the limited reach. Twylah is one tool to reach more people, even those who don’t use or maybe don’t even like Twitter.
Normal people view a Twitter page as something of a foreign language. Free service Twylah takes your Twitter stream and reformats it to look more like a newspaper or a magazine. It also groups tweets by subject, and includes featured photos. The result makes your tweets friendlier for people who don’t use Twitter.
This is completely different from services like Flipboard or Paper.li that are designed to make it easier for you, the Twitter user. Twylah makes your tweets more accessible to people who don’t use Twitter. It’s a way of making more of the content you already create.
In essence, you get a custom landing page created out of the tweets you already send. That extends your reach to more people. There are lots more features including landing pages for individual tweets, customizing which labels appear, and even some statistics. Twylah is also offering the ability to integrate this landing page into your existing website with a custom domain feature.
I found my personal Twitter account was too scattered, covering too many topics to work well. Our @TourismCurrents account is focused on social media for tourism, so it worked much better. I can see this working very well for tourism organizations and for small businesses.
If you want to extend the reach of your Twitter efforts, Twylah is a good tool to look at.
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022