Have a byway, driving tour or walking tour? There is one thing you can add to your signs to improve how your visitors see it.
What’s missing? The “MORE” link.
Here’s what I mean. Add the QR Code and short URL that takes visitors online for more information. And be sure to taken them directly to mobile-friendly information about where they are.
You know, like the “More…” link you see on websites, this is your chance to give visitors more than what will fit on one screen, or in this case, one sign.
Of course, that means doing several steps to make it work:
- Copy the text from the tour brochure to a new site or page on your existing site. Posting the PDF is not an acceptable alternative.
- Make sure it’s mobile friendly. Test it on your phone. If you need to pinch or zoom, it isn’t mobile friendly.
- Create a QR code that links directly to the tour page.
- Create a short URL for the link. Your QR code service may make one automatically. You want both so visitors who don’t use QR codes can still type the URL into their phone to access the page.
Feeling like an over-achiever? Make a separate page for each stop on the trail. Add more mobile-friendly content. Think of things that help tell the story you are trying to tell. Include photos, links to videos, audio of your best story teller, and more text. Whatever helps your visitor get the picture and understand the history.
Now, get that QR code and short URL printed on weather-proof stickers, and go post it! (And hey, even Avery Labels makes weather-proof stickers, so you can print your own. No more excuses.)
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022