Turning around the phrase, “Get the heck out of Dodge,” the Dodge City/Ford County Development Corporation has “Get the heck into Dodge!”
Ten bonus points for their excellent website address: DodgeCityHasJobs.com – Their whole site gives a wonderful impression of the community and their current economic strength.
It’s a good example of taking a seemingly negative phrase and making it positive. It’s also a good example of going with what you’re known for, at the same time that you build a new perception. The website showcases the early history alongside the current economy.
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021