Yes, I know you do business in a small town and all the locals know where you are. But if you also do business with visitors and tourists, it’s up to you to make yourself easy to find.
2. Check different mobile map systems and phones.
3. Claim your business listing in Google Places.
4. Have at least a basic website.
5. Write extremely clear driving directions.
Extremely clear. Here’s our take on how to write better directions for tourists.
- Stop using “3 legged stool” to describe any idea - June 24, 2019
- What are your challenges? Add your voice here - June 17, 2019
- How to publicize your biking trails before they’re finished - June 10, 2019
- How $5 and a bowl of soup can rebuild your community - June 3, 2019
- Getting people to mix at an event - May 27, 2019
- Crowdsourced ideas for coffee shops and other third places - May 20, 2019
- Post signs with your tourism hashtag where visitors will see them - May 13, 2019
- Book review: Celebrity CEO by Ramon Ray - May 6, 2019
- How to develop an entrepreneurial culture and more small businesses in your town - April 29, 2019
- Where’s your town’s future mural? - April 22, 2019