Our crack research staff (my husband) caught a discussion thread about tourism websites. This one happened to be on a hunting safari forum, but there are lessons for anyone’s tourism website.
(If you don’t like hunting, or hunting pictures, don’t click through: here is the original hunting discussion thread.)
A hunting and tourism operator asked the forum what info people wanted on a website. Here are the top requests from the readers:
- current prices and packages
- updated photos of facilities and areas
- description and bio of guides
A few choice comments from readers:
I just absolutely hate it when no prices are there… I have seen a lot of good websites that were missing this essential piece to give you a baseline of what things will cost.
I hate websites that don’t put in pricing. Matter of fact, I dismiss them right off, if they don’t.
I also hate websites that put their print on dark colored, or pictured backgrounds. Maybe its my old eyes, but they are darned hard to read.
Do not use any music. No continuous video. Up to date prices and accurate descriptions.
I know the immediate reaction is to dismiss this. But lots and lots and lots and lots of tourism websites don’t pass these basic tests. And I thought you might like to hear the input from real people.
The discussion question: to price or not to price?
Do you include prices on your tourism related website? Why or why not?
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022