Letting your fans serve as your evangelists always carries more weight than bragging on yourself. So how do you find those people?
I want to take it a step further. You make is possible for them to self identify. You give them tools and ways to identify themselves as your fans. I shared that comment with my table at SOBCon, and Neenz replied, “Like the frozen peas.” Frozen peas became an identifier of Susan Reynolds‘ supporters in her fight against breast cancer. She used frozen peas as an ice pack after surgery, snapped a photo for her Twitter avatar, and kicked off a movement. Many of us put frozen peas into our avatars in support. It became the symbol for her fight and her later fundraising. We self-identified. A more recent Twitter movement is green avatars supporting free Iran.
It’s easy to find your online supporters when you give them the tools to identify themselves. What kind of tools can these be?
- Avatar symbols for Twitter
- Badges for their websites and social network profiles
- Mailing lists for them to join
- Fan pages and groups at social networks for them to join
- Stickers, tshirts, and other tangible items for them to wear and share
What are your ideas? How do you find your fans and evangelists?
The next topic should be how to help your evangelists to sing your praises. What do you think?
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020