Karen Wylie is writing a terrific new rural small business blog, Backroads Business. Karen is the owner of The Blue Ridge Soap Shed in the mountains of Western North Carolina.
She focuses on rural business, seasonal business and home business. Karen’s just getting started, but it’s well worth a look. Tell her I said hi!
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
Karen Wylie says
Becky, how nice of you to give a ‘shout out’ to my new blog! I should have known you brought it to people’s attention, because my visitors doubled that day! Thank you for your kind words and all you do every day to promote rural small business.