Accounting and finance is one of those topics no one likes to deal with. Except us. We like to talk about it because we (Maesz and I) do it, and we teach it. We’ve written a series of articles on accounting and bookkeeping, and here are some of our better items.
- Do you get accounting?
- The easiest accounting system
- Top 3 Year-end Accounting Tasks
- Simplified Small Biz Accounting and Record Keeping
- Simplified accounting for side businesses and micro enterprises
While you’re reading up, don’t miss:
- The “What qualifies as deductible?” list in Checklists for starting your first business
- Tips for tracking details in QuickBooks if you are a QB user
- The link to Gina in How to organize your business accounting records
- And Maesz’ post direct from the IRS on How to keep good tax records
One parting piece of advice:
Don’t ignore the bookkeeping just because you don’t like to do it.
That’s all too common, and all too deadly.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021