OpenBeta is where ideas meet opportunity. It’s the event in OKC that brought together a wide range of techies, social media folks, and entrepreneurs in one place for networking, demos and talks.
Videos from all the talks are now available, at OpenBeta.
The headliner is the keynote from TwitPic Founder Noah Everett. Betcha didn’t know he’s from Oklahoma! I told you that you can live where you want, and still be successful!
All the other talks are there, too, including:
- Foamish social beer rating service
- Innovative nonprofit Bike Against Hunger
- Former Alva resident (!) Justin Boeckman from Element Fusion
- Ryan Hoegg who’s working on a portable credibility idea
- The Oklahoma City Coworking Technology Cooperative (the idea most likely to generate new startups, in my opinion) presented by Derrick Parkhurst
- Me with delegating tips
- Vance Lucas from Invoice More (which actually helps you to invoice less often for recurring billing)
- Jim Rogers from Oklahoma’s innovation agency i2E
OpenBeta2 is scheduled for February 26th, 2009, so all you Okie techies, geeks, programmers, social media types, and entrepreneurs, mark your calendars. Is it worth it to attend? I found it worth driving 5 hours (roundtrip) to attend. I made new connections, met a possible new sponsor, and generally got involved in a very entrepreneurial community.
The amazing Derrick Parkhurst of ThirtySixthSpan is the driving force behind this event. Watch him, because he is headed places!
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020