Reader Kevin Thompson sent us a tip on a small town small business:
I wanted to see if you’d be interested in writing about one of my good friends. He owns a business with his brother selling hunting and fishing knives (and other stuff) that just reached its 10 year anniversary. Given that this is the age of the super-stores and chains, it’s a pretty big deal. Plus, they are a great bunch of guys based in a small town in Alabama, they share much of their success with their employees and their stuff is good quality.
Any business that can start as two brothers in a small town, and can make it to celebrate 10 years, deserves a bit of recognition!
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021