Reader Kevin Thompson sent us a tip on a small town small business:
I wanted to see if you’d be interested in writing about one of my good friends. He owns a business with his brother selling hunting and fishing knives (and other stuff) that just reached its 10 year anniversary. Given that this is the age of the super-stores and chains, it’s a pretty big deal. Plus, they are a great bunch of guys based in a small town in Alabama, they share much of their success with their employees and their stuff is good quality.
Any business that can start as two brothers in a small town, and can make it to celebrate 10 years, deserves a bit of recognition!
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021