Broadband means more than internet access
Connect SI is a 20-county effort to collaboratively enhance the economic and community development efforts throughout Southern Illinois using greater Internet access and bandwidth to communicate regionally and globally. This project isn’t about broadband internet access. It is about improving the quality of the lives of Southern Illinoisans by changing the way we work, live, and communicate with the world.
Larger minimum order requirement may close smaller rural retailers
The cruel irony is that the small retailers are the ones who founded the supplier as a cooperative. Now it is threating their survival. Read about it in Independent Online Edition.
Rural grocery cooperatives
Speaking of cooperatives, some rural small towns are using cooperatives to hold on to grocery stores. Read the Washington Post story. Or read the story reprinted at the Blog for Rural America, where other rural folks have commented.
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020