Rural entrepreneurship has become one of the most exciting areas of the New Economic Development.
But you don’t have to take my word for it. That quote is from economic development expert Ed Morrison.
This week, he has a round up of some of the best resources for reviving small towns.
Jack Schultz gets some good coverage, as well he should.
If you are interested in this trend in economic development, I recommend that you read Jack Schultz’s BoomTown USA: The 7-1/2 Keys to Big Success in Small Towns.
Morrison goes on with several more articles, references to economic gardening, then he throws in Fairfield, Iowa, and the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship. It’s a good list of resources.
It is also gratifying to see rural economic development get some attention.
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020