Rural entrepreneurship has become one of the most exciting areas of the New Economic Development.
But you don’t have to take my word for it. That quote is from economic development expert Ed Morrison.
This week, he has a round up of some of the best resources for reviving small towns.
Jack Schultz gets some good coverage, as well he should.
If you are interested in this trend in economic development, I recommend that you read Jack Schultz’s BoomTown USA: The 7-1/2 Keys to Big Success in Small Towns.
Morrison goes on with several more articles, references to economic gardening, then he throws in Fairfield, Iowa, and the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship. It’s a good list of resources.
It is also gratifying to see rural economic development get some attention.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019