Rural entrepreneurship has become one of the most exciting areas of the New Economic Development.
But you don’t have to take my word for it. That quote is from economic development expert Ed Morrison.
This week, he has a round up of some of the best resources for reviving small towns.
Jack Schultz gets some good coverage, as well he should.
If you are interested in this trend in economic development, I recommend that you read Jack Schultz’s BoomTown USA: The 7-1/2 Keys to Big Success in Small Towns.
Morrison goes on with several more articles, references to economic gardening, then he throws in Fairfield, Iowa, and the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship. It’s a good list of resources.
It is also gratifying to see rural economic development get some attention.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021