MP3 download: Mike Knutson interview
Small towns have a future. Despite all the negative press, I have a positive view of rural, and I talk to others who share it. Small towns play a key role in our world. Everyone else better get used to us, because we aren’t going away!
I met Mike Knutson when he was writing a blog called Reimagine Rural. I couldn’t resist! I loved his writings on third places, on youth and on our shared future in rural. These days, he’s focusing on housing in rural places. Follow Mike on Twitter.
Why this podcast exists
If you’re “just a business owner” or “just” someone in a small town, you often feel like you’re the only one. Either the only one with a positive outlook or the only one who is trying to create change. The whole point of this podcast is to bring all of us together. You are not alone.
That’s why I’ve started interviewing people who share my positive view of rural. After Mike, I have two more already recorded:
- Scott Meyer, a young startup guy with such a soft spot for rural that his blog is called Digital Homesteading
- Caleb Pollard, a rural leader turned brewer with a strong sense of creating a legacy
To keep this going, I need to know who you think I should talk to. Who else shares a positive view of rural? You? A friend? Someone you know? Give me your suggestions in the comments.
You can subscribe in iTunes through this link. Or you can subscribe manually to this feed: https://smallbizsurvival.com/?feed=podcast
You can view all the Positive View of Rural Podcast episodes here.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022