I believe in entrepreneurship training. It’s a good investment in your small town’s future. The more successful local entrepreneurs you have in town, the stronger your local economy, and the more resources you have to take on your local challenges.
Good entrepreneurship training can cost money. One source for funding of up to $50,000 in the U.S. is the Rural Business Opportunity Grant (RBOG) through the USDA Rural Development. The next deadline is August 6, 2012.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019