Cascade Supply, Inc., in Concrete, Washington, is the “You name it – We got it” store. They aren’t kidding. There is more packed into this downtown store than you could ever imagine. If you love a good hardware store or lumber yard, this place is a piece of heaven.
|Cascade Supply Lumber and Builders Supply. The locals know where Skiyou is.|
|They aren’t kidding about
“You name it, we got it.”
The owner, Don, told me that a customer may come wanting three things. If he doesn’t have any one of them, the customer is just as likely to leave empty handed, knowing they have to make a trip to the big box store half an hour away. While I was there four people came in with varied requests, and Don met them all. That’s how you survive in a small town.
Since he’s owned the store for less than a decade, he’s still something of a newcomer in town, or so he says.
|Don is the owner,
and knows where everything is.
Being in the Cascade Range, fishing and hunting and camping are big around here. Don supplies them all, including the firearms. After a rare break-in, they’ve had to move the guns into a safe. They did keep the rock the thief used to smash the window, though. And they still sell ammo, too.
I found about four things I’d been looking for, but didn’t have room in my carry-on to take any of them home. Next time, I’ll have Don ship it for me. He said he would.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019