Matt About Solutions Weekly Link Roundup
Each week, I collect the 10 best posts that I’ve read and share them with you here.
These posts focus on either choosing, or using, small business solutions online (or both!).
If you need a website, consider getting a free consult with Matt: Think Outside the Browser
5 Ways to Win More Business with Google Places
My Take: Tips for local, offline businesses!
Essential Mobile Marketing Resources
My Take: A collection of great resources on mobile marketing. The “Fortune 50 Use of Mobile: If You’ve Got It, Flaunt It” slideshow is especially engaging!
How to grow and build on social capital
My Take: Loved this to-the-point lesson: “Understand social capital and you’re more likely to achieve your social media goals. Long story short: you have to give to get.”
Social Media Won’t Fix Your Broken Business: 15 Success Tips
My Take: Love the “down-to-earth” tips in this post.
I Will Never Hire a “Social Media Expert,” and Neither Should You
My Take: A hard-hitting post about social-media consultants. I do support the practice, but only if it’s part of a larger marketing effort.
[Becky says: I liked this response by Shel Holtz: I’d Hire a Social Media Expert, and Maybe You Should, Too.]
Ranking The Value of Social Currency
My Take: An interesting perspective on the “value” of different online social actions.
Market Saturation: Is It Too Late For You To Make Money Online?
My Take: Though I do not believe in making all of your money online, I like the views and tips in this post on niche targeting. (Note: if you do not get this post (Page not found) – then try later. Good article, just seems to be missing for a moment)
The Big List: 168 Marketing Trends, Predictions & Resolutions For 2011
My Take: We’re almost half-way through 2011 – how accurate were these predictions and what may still lie ahead?
5 Ways to Boost Your Email Prospecting Response Rate
My Take: Good, and actionable, e-mail marketing tips.
Nobody Cares About Your Website
My Take: Now this post is talking my language!
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019