Matt About Solutions Weekly Link Roundup
Each week, I collect the 10 best posts that I’ve read and share them with you here.
These posts focus on either choosing, or using, small business solutions online (or both!).
If you need a website, consider getting a free consult with Matt: Think Outside the Browser
5 Ways to Win More Business with Google Places
My Take: Tips for local, offline businesses!
Essential Mobile Marketing Resources
My Take: A collection of great resources on mobile marketing. The “Fortune 50 Use of Mobile: If You’ve Got It, Flaunt It” slideshow is especially engaging!
How to grow and build on social capital
My Take: Loved this to-the-point lesson: “Understand social capital and you’re more likely to achieve your social media goals. Long story short: you have to give to get.”
Social Media Won’t Fix Your Broken Business: 15 Success Tips
My Take: Love the “down-to-earth” tips in this post.
I Will Never Hire a “Social Media Expert,” and Neither Should You
My Take: A hard-hitting post about social-media consultants. I do support the practice, but only if it’s part of a larger marketing effort.
[Becky says: I liked this response by Shel Holtz: I’d Hire a Social Media Expert, and Maybe You Should, Too.]
Ranking The Value of Social Currency
My Take: An interesting perspective on the “value” of different online social actions.
Market Saturation: Is It Too Late For You To Make Money Online?
My Take: Though I do not believe in making all of your money online, I like the views and tips in this post on niche targeting. (Note: if you do not get this post (Page not found) – then try later. Good article, just seems to be missing for a moment)
The Big List: 168 Marketing Trends, Predictions & Resolutions For 2011
My Take: We’re almost half-way through 2011 – how accurate were these predictions and what may still lie ahead?
5 Ways to Boost Your Email Prospecting Response Rate
My Take: Good, and actionable, e-mail marketing tips.
Nobody Cares About Your Website
My Take: Now this post is talking my language!
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022