|You can’t score a slam dunk
if you don’t know your goal.
We’re coming up on the halfway point in the year. How are you doing? Great? Not so good? Or can’t tell, because you don’t have usable goals?
Goals are the basis of all your plans.
You have to get good at goal setting and achieving. Here are the four steps you must do, over and over:
- Where are you now? Be honest.
- Where do you want to be? Set your goals.
- Plan backwards, step by step. Look at the intermediate steps to lead you there.
- Find the steps you can take tomorrow. Take action immediately! As soon as possible! There is always something you can do now to move you forward.
Right now, schedule time away from your business and unplugged. 1 hour minimum. 1 full day is better. Use that time to do this review.
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021