|You can’t score a slam dunk
if you don’t know your goal.
We’re coming up on the halfway point in the year. How are you doing? Great? Not so good? Or can’t tell, because you don’t have usable goals?
Goals are the basis of all your plans.
You have to get good at goal setting and achieving. Here are the four steps you must do, over and over:
- Where are you now? Be honest.
- Where do you want to be? Set your goals.
- Plan backwards, step by step. Look at the intermediate steps to lead you there.
- Find the steps you can take tomorrow. Take action immediately! As soon as possible! There is always something you can do now to move you forward.
Right now, schedule time away from your business and unplugged. 1 hour minimum. 1 full day is better. Use that time to do this review.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019