|You can’t score a slam dunk
if you don’t know your goal.
We’re coming up on the halfway point in the year. How are you doing? Great? Not so good? Or can’t tell, because you don’t have usable goals?
Goals are the basis of all your plans.
You have to get good at goal setting and achieving. Here are the four steps you must do, over and over:
- Where are you now? Be honest.
- Where do you want to be? Set your goals.
- Plan backwards, step by step. Look at the intermediate steps to lead you there.
- Find the steps you can take tomorrow. Take action immediately! As soon as possible! There is always something you can do now to move you forward.
Right now, schedule time away from your business and unplugged. 1 hour minimum. 1 full day is better. Use that time to do this review.
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021