|You can’t score a slam dunk
if you don’t know your goal.
We’re coming up on the halfway point in the year. How are you doing? Great? Not so good? Or can’t tell, because you don’t have usable goals?
Goals are the basis of all your plans.
You have to get good at goal setting and achieving. Here are the four steps you must do, over and over:
- Where are you now? Be honest.
- Where do you want to be? Set your goals.
- Plan backwards, step by step. Look at the intermediate steps to lead you there.
- Find the steps you can take tomorrow. Take action immediately! As soon as possible! There is always something you can do now to move you forward.
Right now, schedule time away from your business and unplugged. 1 hour minimum. 1 full day is better. Use that time to do this review.
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020