South by Southwest allows the public to offer input on the choice of topics for the Interactive Festival, coming up in March 2011. (Yest, that’s far away, but SXSW likes to plan ahead.)
I cooperated with several people to submit proposals this year. My favorite is What We Can Learn from Small Town Entrepreneurs with Barry Moltz. This is the topic we are writing together. I’d love your support.
My Tourism Currents partner Sheila Scarborough put in Tourism Catches On: Old Industry Meets New Media with Andy Hayes and me. Andy and Sheila have a ton of wonderful tourism examples to share, and I’d love to see this one selected.
The panel I put in under my own name is a cooperative effort with Liz Strauss and Barry Moltz, called Micro-Business Rapid-Response Success-Failure Q&A. We’re proposing a small business Q&A session, but with a difference: time limited and rapid fire. It should be different than anything you’ve heard before.
Nathan Wright of Omaha put together Social Marketing Lessons Learned on the Farm to include me and more great folks. (That’s the danger of writing ahead – I can’t remember now who the other person was!)
Two more “rural” topics caught my eye: Offline America, Why We Have a Digital Divide and Educating Web Workers: The Story of Bennington College.
I’d also like to promote my fellow Okies, on the Okies at SXSW list.
And if you’re a friend of Liz Strauss and Terry Starbucker, they’ve put together the Friends of SOBCon SXSW panels list.
Did you propose a panel? Share it in the comments!
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020