It’s coming. We’re bringing the 140Conference to a small town. We’re very, very early in the process, so I want you to get involved.
|Jeff Pulver and me at the 140 Conference in London|
Entrepreneur Jeff Pulver is the driving force behind the 140 Character Conference, or 140Conf for short. It’s not about Twitter. It’s about the ways real time online communication is changing almost everything.
The big questions are when and where. We’re nailing those down now. The date will be in the first two weeks of November 2010. The location is going to be in northern Oklahoma or central Kansas. We’re getting cost numbers from three towns right now. Stay tuned for announcements!
Let’s not wait until everything is set; here’s how you can get involved now:
- Catch Jeff and friends on the Road Trip. Leading up to the Detroit 140Conf, Jeff and friends will be making a road trip across the Midwest August 22 to August 28, 2010. Once we started talking about doing a Small Town 140 Conf, Jeff immediately re-worked his trip to reach more small towns. He’ll be going through Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois. If you’re on or near the road trip route, RSVP for a tweetup, and let us know in the comments here.
- Get on the Twitter list. Put your Twitter name in the comments or send me an @ reply on Twitter to let me know.
- Watch the hashtag. All the good discussion is going on through Twitter, with the hashtag #140conf.
- Have something to say, or a story to tell? Put in a speaker proposal.
- Want to help financially or get your organization involved? Sponsor the conference by sending an email to me or to: email@example.com
Thoughts? Ideas? Are you as excited as I am?
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020