It’s coming. We’re bringing the 140Conference to a small town. We’re very, very early in the process, so I want you to get involved.
|Jeff Pulver and me at the 140 Conference in London|
Entrepreneur Jeff Pulver is the driving force behind the 140 Character Conference, or 140Conf for short. It’s not about Twitter. It’s about the ways real time online communication is changing almost everything.
The big questions are when and where. We’re nailing those down now. The date will be in the first two weeks of November 2010. The location is going to be in northern Oklahoma or central Kansas. We’re getting cost numbers from three towns right now. Stay tuned for announcements!
Let’s not wait until everything is set; here’s how you can get involved now:
- Catch Jeff and friends on the Road Trip. Leading up to the Detroit 140Conf, Jeff and friends will be making a road trip across the Midwest August 22 to August 28, 2010. Once we started talking about doing a Small Town 140 Conf, Jeff immediately re-worked his trip to reach more small towns. He’ll be going through Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois. If you’re on or near the road trip route, RSVP for a tweetup, and let us know in the comments here.
- Get on the Twitter list. Put your Twitter name in the comments or send me an @ reply on Twitter to let me know.
- Watch the hashtag. All the good discussion is going on through Twitter, with the hashtag #140conf.
- Have something to say, or a story to tell? Put in a speaker proposal.
- Want to help financially or get your organization involved? Sponsor the conference by sending an email to me or to: email@example.com
Thoughts? Ideas? Are you as excited as I am?
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022