It’s coming. We’re bringing the 140Conference to a small town. We’re very, very early in the process, so I want you to get involved.
|Jeff Pulver and me at the 140 Conference in London|
Entrepreneur Jeff Pulver is the driving force behind the 140 Character Conference, or 140Conf for short. It’s not about Twitter. It’s about the ways real time online communication is changing almost everything.
The big questions are when and where. We’re nailing those down now. The date will be in the first two weeks of November 2010. The location is going to be in northern Oklahoma or central Kansas. We’re getting cost numbers from three towns right now. Stay tuned for announcements!
Let’s not wait until everything is set; here’s how you can get involved now:
- Catch Jeff and friends on the Road Trip. Leading up to the Detroit 140Conf, Jeff and friends will be making a road trip across the Midwest August 22 to August 28, 2010. Once we started talking about doing a Small Town 140 Conf, Jeff immediately re-worked his trip to reach more small towns. He’ll be going through Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois. If you’re on or near the road trip route, RSVP for a tweetup, and let us know in the comments here.
- Get on the Twitter list. Put your Twitter name in the comments or send me an @ reply on Twitter to let me know.
- Watch the hashtag. All the good discussion is going on through Twitter, with the hashtag #140conf.
- Have something to say, or a story to tell? Put in a speaker proposal.
- Want to help financially or get your organization involved? Sponsor the conference by sending an email to me or to: email@example.com
Thoughts? Ideas? Are you as excited as I am?
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
Becky, this is great. Too far ahead for the Geezers Crim to make commitment to come. However can you tell me if the will be an one day event or several days?
Becky McCray says
We’re planning a one day event, Miss Dazey.