|Wind turbine, Cumbria, by S John Davey|
This week, a monumental report on rural England’s problems and rural potential hit the media with headlines like “Rural England key to economic recovery.”
Rural England is leading the way to economic recovery, thanks to high levels of entrepreneurship in the countryside, a report has revealed.
I love that! Now that the city slickers who run our banks and hedge funds have pitched the world into a financial crisis, and a former Government run by townies has left the Treasury coffers bare, we should turn to country folk to pull us out of the mire!
This burst of rural news was started by the release of a major report by the Commission for Rural Communities.
State of the countryside 2010 provides a comprehensive description of social, economic and environmental conditions and changes across rural England, highlighting the main challenges and future trends for government and other organisations.
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022