It’s no secret that I’m a supporter of small town businesses. But it’s not all that well known that I’m working on a book with Barry Moltz. Our idea is that rural entrepreneurs have some valuable lessons for other businesses.
Now, I know a lot of small town business stories, but they are centered around Oklahoma. That’s why we’re asking for a few more stories. If you would be willing to share your story on one of the topics we’re seeking, please stop by our Share Your Rural Entrepreneur Story page.
We won’t be able to use every story, but we will read them all!
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021