It’s no secret that I’m a supporter of small town businesses. But it’s not all that well known that I’m working on a book with Barry Moltz. Our idea is that rural entrepreneurs have some valuable lessons for other businesses.
Now, I know a lot of small town business stories, but they are centered around Oklahoma. That’s why we’re asking for a few more stories. If you would be willing to share your story on one of the topics we’re seeking, please stop by our Share Your Rural Entrepreneur Story page.
We won’t be able to use every story, but we will read them all!
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
Greg Balanko-Dickson says
Hey Becky, I’m not sure of your time line but I am embarking on a small town tour around Canada & USA. Looks like I’ll begin in early July. It promises to be an exciting ride for a big city Canadian boy.
Funny, it isn;t until the last 10 years that Edmonton has felt like a big city to me. I was born here but now (782,439 on April 1, 2009) the pace, traffic and noise has me heading foe the hills! I hope all baby boomers don;t feel the same way as that would ruin the experience. lol
Hope your feeling good and thriving! Be you!
Becky McCray says
Greg, there’s plenty of room out in the small towns. We’ll be glad to have you.
If we can make them timing work, we may be able to share some stories. Thanks!
Jennifer Brooks says
Becky McCray says