With the publication of our ebooks, Sheila Scarborough and I are starting something new. We’re collaborating to help you learn much more than you can from just reading this site.
Starting now, Sheila will be focusing on helping you with Tourism 2.0. Sheila is a traveler and travel writer, who has spent years developing her expertise in the online world. You can find her at Sheila Guides You to the Good Stuff. My focus remains on small town business. How do we fit tourism 2.0 together with small town businesses? We see them both as part of a greater economic development whole. Together, we’ll be developing tools for you:
- Tools that help you make sense of the new ways of marketing.
- Tools that build your community, develop your economy.
- Tools that help you and your small business.
Yes, but what does that mean? That means watch for new offerings:
- Problem-solving ebooks
- Skill-building interactive training packages
- Speaking, training and consulting on your site or online
- Membership in an online community of your peers
We aren’t academics. So don’t expect a bunch of research studies. We are practical, hands on people. Do expect lots of examples and stories along with your “how to do it” content.
Photo by Ken Scholle.
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021