The City of Waynoka is committed to its mission of meeting the needs of our citizens, both now and in the future. We want to become better at what we are here for, serving and meeting your needs. City Hall doesn’t exist in and of itself and to meet its own needs. How to better serve and meet the needs of each and every member of our community is what we want our council and employees to focus on. And to help us keep focused, we’ve recently develop a long term plan in one, five and ten year increments dealing with all the areas of service that are provided and places that are supported and maintained. This continuing effort will only be a part of all we do to help build a better community.
But providing quality services and good employees at City Hall doesn’t make a better community and place to live. It takes more. Community building takes a unified effort from many groups to be successful. Yes, groups of people, not individuals. And yes, unified, working together.
Those words remain on the city website, though attributed to the current mayor.
The attitude of customer service belongs in every small town government, every organization, every small business, and every big business. This statement goes further, making the connection to the larger goal of community building. Have you considered how your organization plays a role in building your community?
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021