“My belief is that everyone has a story.”
Our Friend Jeff Pulver is a big believer in the Power of One. One person can make a difference. One person can do something amazing. This summer, he is encouraging everyone, you and me, to profile some of the amazing people we meet. The trick is, they are disguised as people we see everyday!
Some people have overcome some great odds before the point where they got to be standing there to speak with you. Some of these people have taken on major challenges and overcame them. Some of these people inspire others. Some are people who challenge the status quo, who make a difference.
The Everyday Heroes project is for you to get out there and record some profiles of these amazing people. Pulver is asking for videos, posted on your favorite hosting site, and tagged “everydayheroes”. I’m extending the call. If you don’t, can’t or won’t do video, then do audio. If you eschew audio, then go old fashioned and post a text interview. Still tag it “everydayheroes“.
The important thing is to get out this summer, interact with people, and share some humanity. Because it is the little things that create differences. In the big things of life, we are at one.
[Photo: Everyday hero Jeanne Hepner of Freedom, Oklahoma.]
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022