“My belief is that everyone has a story.”
Our Friend Jeff Pulver is a big believer in the Power of One. One person can make a difference. One person can do something amazing. This summer, he is encouraging everyone, you and me, to profile some of the amazing people we meet. The trick is, they are disguised as people we see everyday!
Some people have overcome some great odds before the point where they got to be standing there to speak with you. Some of these people have taken on major challenges and overcame them. Some of these people inspire others. Some are people who challenge the status quo, who make a difference.
The Everyday Heroes project is for you to get out there and record some profiles of these amazing people. Pulver is asking for videos, posted on your favorite hosting site, and tagged “everydayheroes”. I’m extending the call. If you don’t, can’t or won’t do video, then do audio. If you eschew audio, then go old fashioned and post a text interview. Still tag it “everydayheroes“.
The important thing is to get out this summer, interact with people, and share some humanity. Because it is the little things that create differences. In the big things of life, we are at one.
[Photo: Everyday hero Jeanne Hepner of Freedom, Oklahoma.]
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020