Lots of small town small businesses are food related. Think farms, wineries, farmers’ markets, roadside stands, local restaurants, and all those homemade salsas, pickles, and barbecue sauces. Together, these businesses can promote themselves as an entire region of delicious experiences.
Our Friend Jack Schultz found a local food guide and an artisan bread festival. You can copy both ideas for your region and your local food business. All the participating businesses will benefit from the increased traffic and awareness.
A related idea is a kitchen incubator. Our neighboring town of Dacoma turned their decommissioned school building into an incubator, including that big beautiful commercial kitchen. That allows the local homemade food producers to meet to health department requirements without having to remodel their home. The biggest success to date are the scrumptious pickles!
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022