I think this may be the best idea for a small town small business for those who are proficient online gamers. Springwise New Business Ideas profiled Synthravels, a new business offering guided tours of online virtual worlds.
If you’ve heard of Second Life or World of Warcraft, but didn’t know how to begin or where to go or what to do, why not let a real person act as tour guide and show you around? That’s the idea of this business.
If you are experienced with virtual worlds, this is a business or sideline you could operate from anywhere you can get online. You could set up your own business, or possibly sign on with an existing firm. Different niches Springwise mentioned include parents and business branding executives.
If you want more small town small business ideas, browse the idea database or subscribe to Springwise.
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021