How do you ask your customers to give you quality referrals? Here’s an idea from my sister Connie Foote’s Mary Kay unit newsletter.
It’s an idea that comes from Tracie Carley’s unit, an Independent Senior Sales Director from Lakeland, Florida. According to Tracie, it’s an easy, inexpensive way for Independent Beauty Consultants to find new leads.
The idea is to give your best customers three of your business cards and ask them to hand those cards out to three of their friends or colleagues. Tracie recommends giving the customers an incentive for each customer who calls.
Tracie believes that it works best to enlist the help of your good customers because they already know you and are willing to sing your praises to new prospects. She also recommends that you give them only three cards instead of more because if a customer believes she only has three chances to find potential customers and earn her incentive, she will go out of her way to make those three count.
That’s a good one!
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021