How do you ask your customers to give you quality referrals? Here’s an idea from my sister Connie Foote’s Mary Kay unit newsletter.
It’s an idea that comes from Tracie Carley’s unit, an Independent Senior Sales Director from Lakeland, Florida. According to Tracie, it’s an easy, inexpensive way for Independent Beauty Consultants to find new leads.
The idea is to give your best customers three of your business cards and ask them to hand those cards out to three of their friends or colleagues. Tracie recommends giving the customers an incentive for each customer who calls.
Tracie believes that it works best to enlist the help of your good customers because they already know you and are willing to sing your praises to new prospects. She also recommends that you give them only three cards instead of more because if a customer believes she only has three chances to find potential customers and earn her incentive, she will go out of her way to make those three count.
That’s a good one!
small biz rural entrepreneurship referrals marketing
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Subscribe.
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022