How do you ask your customers to give you quality referrals? Here’s an idea from my sister Connie Foote’s Mary Kay unit newsletter.
It’s an idea that comes from Tracie Carley’s unit, an Independent Senior Sales Director from Lakeland, Florida. According to Tracie, it’s an easy, inexpensive way for Independent Beauty Consultants to find new leads.
The idea is to give your best customers three of your business cards and ask them to hand those cards out to three of their friends or colleagues. Tracie recommends giving the customers an incentive for each customer who calls.
Tracie believes that it works best to enlist the help of your good customers because they already know you and are willing to sing your praises to new prospects. She also recommends that you give them only three cards instead of more because if a customer believes she only has three chances to find potential customers and earn her incentive, she will go out of her way to make those three count.
That’s a good one!
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019