The US Congress has established the very first National Entrepreneurship Week for March 2007, according to Inc. Magazine.
People are more aware of entrepreneurship than ever, but I don’t think people realize that it is the lifeblood of small towns and rural areas. Without entrepreneurship, we have almost no new jobs.
If you are involved in your local community, now is a good time to start on activities, especially educational ones, to promote local entrepreneurship, culminating in March. I’d love to hear about your efforts, so comment or email me.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021