The US Congress has established the very first National Entrepreneurship Week for March 2007, according to Inc. Magazine.
People are more aware of entrepreneurship than ever, but I don’t think people realize that it is the lifeblood of small towns and rural areas. Without entrepreneurship, we have almost no new jobs.
If you are involved in your local community, now is a good time to start on activities, especially educational ones, to promote local entrepreneurship, culminating in March. I’d love to hear about your efforts, so comment or email me.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020