The US Congress has established the very first National Entrepreneurship Week for March 2007, according to Inc. Magazine.
People are more aware of entrepreneurship than ever, but I don’t think people realize that it is the lifeblood of small towns and rural areas. Without entrepreneurship, we have almost no new jobs.
If you are involved in your local community, now is a good time to start on activities, especially educational ones, to promote local entrepreneurship, culminating in March. I’d love to hear about your efforts, so comment or email me.
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019