While writing about rural broadband, and the lack thereof, I decided to also share a bit about this blog.
When I talk to small business people of all ages, I find myself explaining what blogs are. This type of technology still hasn’t penetrated to our target market: the small business owners and entrepreneurs of rural areas and small towns.
That puts this blog standing over a divide; monitoring the new technologies from one side, and reaching back to the entrepreneurs to help them jump the gap. If I were trying to make this blog into a business of its own, I might focus more on early adopters, believers, etc. But that is not the goal. What I’m trying to do is bring promising technologies to the regular everyday small business people of the rural world. And that is a completely different target.
small biz rural entrepreneurship
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022