While writing about rural broadband, and the lack thereof, I decided to also share a bit about this blog.
When I talk to small business people of all ages, I find myself explaining what blogs are. This type of technology still hasn’t penetrated to our target market: the small business owners and entrepreneurs of rural areas and small towns.
That puts this blog standing over a divide; monitoring the new technologies from one side, and reaching back to the entrepreneurs to help them jump the gap. If I were trying to make this blog into a business of its own, I might focus more on early adopters, believers, etc. But that is not the goal. What I’m trying to do is bring promising technologies to the regular everyday small business people of the rural world. And that is a completely different target.
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019