Firevalt Blog has a new definition of budgeting.
What does the word “budget” mean? I think for most people it means pre-determining how much money can be spent on each expense category per month… Another way to budget – the way I prefer – is to compare all your monthly expenses (out-goes) to your monthly income (in-goes) with the goal of being cash flow positive each month. This type of budgeting seems to be more effective because it eliminates the tedium of budgeting for each specific category.
It’s a short post, but it might help the budget-impaired.
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020