Firevalt Blog has a new definition of budgeting.
What does the word “budget” mean? I think for most people it means pre-determining how much money can be spent on each expense category per month… Another way to budget – the way I prefer – is to compare all your monthly expenses (out-goes) to your monthly income (in-goes) with the goal of being cash flow positive each month. This type of budgeting seems to be more effective because it eliminates the tedium of budgeting for each specific category.
It’s a short post, but it might help the budget-impaired.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019