Google Base is a free online database for anything from recipes to items for sale. Now, Google is slowly rolling out a feature that makes it true e-commerce: online payments.
To help users more easily purchase and sell Google Base items, we’re planning to enable people to buy items on Google Base using their Google Accounts.
Many of you are probably already familiar with the Google Account. You use it to sign in and pay for a number of Google services, like Google Video and Google Earth. We’re now introducing similar functionality on Google Base.
For buyers, this feature will provide a convenient and secure way to purchase Google Base items by credit card. For sellers, this feature integrates transaction processing with Google Base item management.
We’re starting with a very small number of sellers and we expect to include more over the next several months.
Since Google is not charging any fees for listing items, this has the chance to directly challenge ebay as the online selling tool of choice for rural small businesses. Let’s keep an eye out for info on their credit card processing fee for sellers.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
Google Applications of Sitebases Protocol says
The google base should be perfect in this way.
The Google Applications of Sitebases Protocol