Google Base is a free online database for anything from recipes to items for sale. Now, Google is slowly rolling out a feature that makes it true e-commerce: online payments.
To help users more easily purchase and sell Google Base items, we’re planning to enable people to buy items on Google Base using their Google Accounts.
Many of you are probably already familiar with the Google Account. You use it to sign in and pay for a number of Google services, like Google Video and Google Earth. We’re now introducing similar functionality on Google Base.
For buyers, this feature will provide a convenient and secure way to purchase Google Base items by credit card. For sellers, this feature integrates transaction processing with Google Base item management.
We’re starting with a very small number of sellers and we expect to include more over the next several months.
Since Google is not charging any fees for listing items, this has the chance to directly challenge ebay as the online selling tool of choice for rural small businesses. Let’s keep an eye out for info on their credit card processing fee for sellers.
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021