Ed Morrison, over at the EDPro Weblog says:
Boosting the percentage of adults with higher educational attainment is one of the most direct pathways to a higher income economy.
In rural areas with declining population, we are used to additional education leading to more “brain drain.” We raise sharp kids, prep them, send them off to a “big” college and we never get them back. Knowing that more education equals more income, we have to overcome this.
- Actively involve young people in the community before they go away to college
- Improve local education options
- Partner between educational institutions, like college credit for technical courses
- Set up “come home” programs
- Get more of the community involved with all levels of education
- About the Author
- Latest by this Author
Becky started Small Biz Survival in 2006 to share rural business and community building stories and ideas with other small town business people. She and her husband have a small cattle ranch and are lifelong entrepreneurs. Becky is an international speaker on small business and rural topics.