Trying to grow your business in a declining area can put you up against a wall when it comes to recruiting local workers. Could you expand your recruiting outside your area with telecommuting?
Ed Morrison has some great telecommuting links on the EDPro weblog. He says that “Reports in Europe indicate that between 15% and 25% of the workforce could telecommute.”
Florida is fighting sprawl with telecommuting. Read more.
The federal government’s telework site
Telecommuting resource links from a member of the faculty at the University of Washington
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021