Trying to grow your business in a declining area can put you up against a wall when it comes to recruiting local workers. Could you expand your recruiting outside your area with telecommuting?
Ed Morrison has some great telecommuting links on the EDPro weblog. He says that “Reports in Europe indicate that between 15% and 25% of the workforce could telecommute.”
Florida is fighting sprawl with telecommuting. Read more.
The federal government’s telework site
Telecommuting resource links from a member of the faculty at the University of Washington
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020