Trying to grow your business in a declining area can put you up against a wall when it comes to recruiting local workers. Could you expand your recruiting outside your area with telecommuting?
Ed Morrison has some great telecommuting links on the EDPro weblog. He says that “Reports in Europe indicate that between 15% and 25% of the workforce could telecommute.”
Florida is fighting sprawl with telecommuting. Read more.
The federal government’s telework site
Telecommuting resource links from a member of the faculty at the University of Washington
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021