Trying to grow your business in a declining area can put you up against a wall when it comes to recruiting local workers. Could you expand your recruiting outside your area with telecommuting?
Ed Morrison has some great telecommuting links on the EDPro weblog. He says that “Reports in Europe indicate that between 15% and 25% of the workforce could telecommute.”
Florida is fighting sprawl with telecommuting. Read more.
The federal government’s telework site
Telecommuting resource links from a member of the faculty at the University of Washington
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019