Small town tourism can take inspiration from the Smithsonian Institution’s list of best small towns to visit in the U.S.
The list was pulled together by ESRI, the geo-data company, and ranked small towns “that have exceptional concentrations of museums, art galleries, orchestras, theaters, historic sites and other cultural blessings.”
Any state or region can borrow the idea to create their own “best of culture” list or to set up a cultural tour.
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021