Small town tourism can take inspiration from the Smithsonian Institution’s list of best small towns to visit in the U.S.
Their first list in 2012 was limited to towns under 25,000 in population. For 2013, they’ve changed the target to towns under 15,000 and put the focus on visiting rather than just giving a ranking.
The list was pulled together by ESRI, the geo-data company, and ranked small towns “that have exceptional concentrations of museums, art galleries, orchestras, theaters, historic sites and other cultural blessings.”
Any state or region can borrow the idea to create their own “best of culture” list or to set up a cultural tour.
(Hey, Dennis Deery, your town Menomonie, WI, made the 2012 list!)
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022