As small town business people, we don’t give ourselves enough credit. What we learn in the tough environment of small towns gives us a valuable perspective.
We know what it’s like to survive an uncertain economy and through times with zero income. Just like the national economy today.
We know how to manage multiple lines of income to make a go of it. Just like experts now advise for all business.
We know how to use technology to work no matter where we are. Just like all business is finding to be an imperative today.
We know how to cope with customers communicating directly with us, and talking about us all over. Just like all business is being forced to now.
There’s more. This is why Barry Moltz and I wrote Small Town Rules. We took the seven rules we think make small town businesses especially successful, and we applied them to the most urban small business and the biggest brands.
Amazingly, our first shipment sold out on Amazon in less than 24 hours. Amazon will get more hardbacks in stock by Friday, and eBooks are always in stock. You can find all the buying options here. We could also use your help in letting others know about the book. We have some easy ways to do that on the Spread the Word page.
As we’ve been promoting the book, we’ve recorded short videos. I am probably the only author with Que Publishing who shoots videos out by the barn. Here’s my take on what we know about seasons that applies to all business today.
Thanks for all the support you’ve given me as I worked on this project, and for all the ideas and inspiration I’ve found in you.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
Glenda Watson Hyatt says
First, congratulations on your book, Becky!
Second, thank you for your thought provoking video. My business is definitely in the winter season – the dead of winter. I am very close to tearing everything out and starting over,but before I do that, I am itching to try a new-to-me crop in the side acre to test before planting the entire 100 acres. Where’s that brightly coloured seed catalogue?
Becky McCray says
Thanks, Glenda. You have exactly the right idea: testing out the crop before you commit the whole place to it makes good sense.