As small town business people, we don’t give ourselves enough credit. What we learn in the tough environment of small towns gives us a valuable perspective.
We know what it’s like to survive an uncertain economy and through times with zero income. Just like the national economy today.
We know how to manage multiple lines of income to make a go of it. Just like experts now advise for all business.
We know how to use technology to work no matter where we are. Just like all business is finding to be an imperative today.
We know how to cope with customers communicating directly with us, and talking about us all over. Just like all business is being forced to now.
There’s more. This is why Barry Moltz and I wrote Small Town Rules. We took the seven rules we think make small town businesses especially successful, and we applied them to the most urban small business and the biggest brands.
Amazingly, our first shipment sold out on Amazon in less than 24 hours. Amazon will get more hardbacks in stock by Friday, and eBooks are always in stock. You can find all the buying options here. We could also use your help in letting others know about the book. We have some easy ways to do that on the Spread the Word page.
As we’ve been promoting the book, we’ve recorded short videos. I am probably the only author with Que Publishing who shoots videos out by the barn. Here’s my take on what we know about seasons that applies to all business today.
Thanks for all the support you’ve given me as I worked on this project, and for all the ideas and inspiration I’ve found in you.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020