|Business listing sites are like the
yellow pages: lots of choices,
and always changing.
My friend Allison Aldrige-Saur asked for a list of online places to register a business. She had Yelp, Google Places and several others, but was not finding a list.
Here’s why there is no list: it changes all the time. Business listing sites come and go.
This list is over 1 yr old, but gives you a place to start: 10 Websites for Local SEO
As you find new sites to consider, here is how to evaluate those sites. You’ll find a four step process here: SEO Rankings Report. You can use that process to check which sites are most influential in your local market.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
Sandra Sims says
So true, there are new listing sites popping up and others fall out of favor. I found a site that produces a report card, with 0-100% score, when you put in a business’s name and zip code – http://GetListed.org. There are additional sites that are important for certain industries too.
Thank you for this information. With billions of websites it can be very overwhelming when looking for something and can’t find it. Luckily I found your blog.
Thank you too to Sandra for that website. I will be making use of it.
Happy New Year! :-)