Small Biz Survival has grown. It isn’t just blog posts any more! Here are some other places to connect, and other resources you can use.
Social Networks and Community
I post links to a few of our best articles, and I try to allow lots of room for community discussion. Find us on Facebook.
I share links to all Small Biz Survival articles and links to my shared items from Google Reader. And I’m always up for a good conversation. Follow us on Twitter.
- Shared Stories
I monitor news stories about rural small business and entrepreneurship, and I share the best on Google Reader. I also share blog posts from a whole range of interesting authors. Check out my shared items page, or pick up the RSS feed.
Ebooks and Reports
- Rural Small Business Trends
A free report with 20 of the top trends driving rural small business in 2011.
- Business Ideas
A free ebook with 20 Small Business Ideas for Small Towns. Brought to you by Network Solutions.
- Shop Local
An inexpensive ebook guiding you to a successful Shop Local campaign in your small town.
- Writing Tips
A free compilation of four articles of Writing Tips for Small Business Owners, by guest author Denise McGill.
Our weekly email newsletter with bonus items, links to great stuff in the archives, and more stories designed to share with others in your community. Sign up here.
- Posts by Email
If you’d like each article we post here delivered to your email, sign up here.
Marketing for Rural Tourism, Hospitality and Economic Development
In a separate project with Sheila Scarborough, Tourism Currents teaches tourism professionals how to reach more visitors with social media.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020