I’m away on retreat, working with a great group of people.
|Tweetup at the Swansons’ home:
Nancy Swanson, Andrew Swanson,
Paul Merrill, Deb Brown, Becky McCray,
Glenda Watson Hyatt, and Jon Swanson
We’re working on our own things, in our own classrooms. But we seem to come together at all the right moments to focus on something someone is struggling with. I’ve had a couple of moments of great clarity. Moments I wouldn’t have had in my regular routine.
In the Business and Professional Women, we used a Collect with the line, “Take time for all things.” I don’t think that means to try to “do it all.” I think it means, for all the things you do, take time for them. And take time away when you need to.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates.
- How small town businesses can market to remote workers and turn them into new customers - May 15, 2023
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2023 results - May 8, 2023
- Rural and small town ideas from the OU Placemaking Conference IQC 2023 - April 5, 2023
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
paul merrill says
It was a great time – on so many levels.
We ALL need to take time away from normal life to refocus. (A different location helps a lot – particularly one with Amish buggies nearby.) I hope this post inspires others to do the same.
Becky McCray says
Paul, it was a pleasure to share this time with you. This really reminded me of the value of time away and conversation with small groups of really smart people.
Welcome home Becky. I can hardly wait to read about the retreat and all the wonderful new projects coming soon from everyone.
Now get some rest!
Becky McCray says
Thank you, Miss Dazey. :)