If you are trying to make your community more friendly for entrepreneurs, make time on your calendar for the eXtension Entrepreneurship Webinar this Thursday:
On Thursday, April 8, 2010 at 2 p.m. EDT (1 p.m. CDT; 12 noon MDT; 11 a.m. PDT) eXtension will offer a webinar that will feature Deb Markley sharing insights drawn from the RUPRI Center for Rural Entrepreneurship’s Energizing Entrepreneurs (e2) approach to thinking about entrepreneurship-focused economic development and Greg Clary sharing how the Texas Center for Rural Entrepreneurship (TCRE) prepares communities for certification as an Entrepreneur Ready Community. Greg Wise from the University of Wisconsin-Extension Center for Community and Economic Development will moderate this program. You’ll come away from this webinar with a greater understanding about what communities can do to energize entrepreneurship and how to support entrepreneurs in your community – and why the future of your economy might just depend on how well you can do that.
All eXtension webinars are one hour long and free and open to everyone. The Web meeting room opens 10 minutes before the start time. Go to connect.extension.iastate.edu/ecop to view. Newcomers to online learning are welcome.
Found in the RUPRI Center for Rural Entrepreneurship e-newsletter.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019