Our Friend Chris Penn took my rant on the rural workforce shortage and ran with it. The result? He’s spilling the secret over on the Financial Aid Podcast.
Will we be overrun with city folks seeking the land of opportunity in the small towns? Um, no. I can’t tell you how happy I would be if the end result was even a few people successfully moving to a rural area.
But here’s the killer question: is the required hard work going to kill the deal?
Sunday, we’ll have a special audio interview with Chris about trends in financial aid, including some special pointers for small business owners.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019