Speaker on small town business and social media
It’s tough to find speakers who really understand small town and small business realities. And most techie speakers have trouble translating new technology into plain language. I help conference organizers provide useful information to audiences, especially small business people, small town and rural residents. My successes and my failures help me connect deeply with people, and share some of the ways that small businesses can survive and grow in small towns. Because I use new technologies in my business and because I’ve taught hundreds of classroom hours on computer and business subjects, I speak from experience.
You’ll find more information at Becky McCray, Speaker.
Consulting with Small Businesses
Every business runs into problems. From the idea, through every stage of business life, problems and opportunities abound. For small business people immersed in day to day business, there is little time for reflection or idea generation. Sometimes, a short conversation or a long-term relationship with an outside person can make a huge difference in a business.
I help people think clearly about their business, evaluate options, and start building action plans. I help make connections with other resources and with a network of smart people. The experience I’ve gained working with retail, service, manufacturing, media and nonprofit organizations helps me to think differently, ask questions and generate useful ideas.We can also talk through effective ways for using social media or social networking in your business’s internet presence. We can work together by phone (or Skype), in person if we’re close enough, or you can join a monthly coaching group, as space becomes available.
Some current business and marketing clients
- Vaughan Fulton, Classic Safaris, Namibia
- Red Carpet Country tourism association, Oklahoma
- Otjandaue Hunting Safaris, Namibia
- High Plains RC&D, Oklahoma
- Caprivi Houseboat Safaris, Namibia
- Aerosock, Inc., Oklahoma
Getting StartedEmail firstname.lastname@example.org to get started, together.
Grant writing and Project management
Small towns and small nonprofits are feeling the crunch of needing to do more with less budget. You’ll find more about how I help with grants and projects at Becky McCray and Associates.
- 99% of the best things you can do for your town don’t require anyone’s permission - March 4, 2019
- Want more public attendance at your events? Make sure your signs include this specific phrase - February 18, 2019
- Know your customer: Who’s asking them questions? - February 11, 2019
- How restaurants can market each other in small towns - February 4, 2019
- SEO for voice search is different for rural small business - January 28, 2019
- What businesses would work in a small town with empty land - January 21, 2019
- Two 2019 small business trends that are good for small towns - January 14, 2019
- Small towns as testing grounds for future technology - December 31, 2018
- Empty building ideas: Art gallery in the windows - December 24, 2018
- What is holding us back? Why does every project take so long in small towns? - December 3, 2018