Speaker on small town business and social media
It’s tough to find speakers who really understand small town and small business realities. And most techie speakers have trouble translating new technology into plain language. I help conference organizers provide useful information to audiences, especially small business people, small town and rural residents. My successes and my failures help me connect deeply with people, and share some of the ways that small businesses can survive and grow in small towns. Because I use new technologies in my business and because I’ve taught hundreds of classroom hours on computer and business subjects, I speak from experience.
You’ll find more information at Becky McCray, Speaker.
Consulting with Small Businesses
Every business runs into problems. From the idea, through every stage of business life, problems and opportunities abound. For small business people immersed in day to day business, there is little time for reflection or idea generation. Sometimes, a short conversation or a long-term relationship with an outside person can make a huge difference in a business.
I help people think clearly about their business, evaluate options, and start building action plans. I help make connections with other resources and with a network of smart people. The experience I’ve gained working with retail, service, manufacturing, media and nonprofit organizations helps me to think differently, ask questions and generate useful ideas.We can also talk through effective ways for using social media or social networking in your business’s internet presence. We can work together by phone (or Skype), in person if we’re close enough, or you can join a monthly coaching group, as space becomes available.
Some current business and marketing clients
- Vaughan Fulton, Classic Safaris, Namibia
- Red Carpet Country tourism association, Oklahoma
- Otjandaue Hunting Safaris, Namibia
- High Plains RC&D, Oklahoma
- Caprivi Houseboat Safaris, Namibia
- Aerosock, Inc., Oklahoma
Getting StartedEmail email@example.com to get started, together.
Grant writing and Project management
Small towns and small nonprofits are feeling the crunch of needing to do more with less budget. You’ll find more about how I help with grants and projects at Becky McCray and Associates.
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
[…] I love to speak to groups, and lately I’m in demand as a small business, social media and small town speaker. […]