Our friend Wendy Piersall is now CEO of Sparkplugging :: Thinking Big in the New Work at Home Generation. Sparkplugging is a complete rebranding of eMoms at Home. The new brand makes it clear that her site and network of blogs are focused on entrepreneurial content.
Wendy’s eMoms at Home started as her personal blog, and over the past year, developed into an independent business including a blog network. As her business changed over time, she realized that the eMoms brand was holding her back.
At SXSW, Wendy and I both stayed with Sheila Scarborough. When we found time to talk, I was surprised by how much eMoms at Home was about entrepreneurship. Hey, we’re all about entrepreneurship, but I didn’t realize that she was, also. And I’m not the only one too myopic to see past the name. Time and again, Wendy found herself explaining how the name didn’t say it all about eMoms.
Wendy got brave, and launched a complete rebranding of her business. Darren Rowse outlined more of the story of how that worked in this interview at ProBlogger.
What entrepreneurial resources can you find at Sparkplugging? An expanding network of blogs in small business and lifestyle channels. New blogs are launching each week at the same time as the rebranding. Articles at Sparkplugging cover the full range of small business, work at home, entrepreneurial, and work life balance issues.
Congratulations, Wendy, on the tough business decisions you’ve been through in the past month. Here’s to continued future success, with brand new spark.
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Get our updates. Want more stories? Read our shared stories from all over.
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
Wendy Piersall says
You are SO awesome. :)
Becky McCray says
As are you, Wendy!