AOL is showing an AP story today, Alaska Town is Giving Away Free Land.
Here’s the interesting twist: the program was developed by the local high school students. They convinced the city council to go along with it.
Other free land programs exist. I’m familiar with Kansas Free Land, an impressive regional effort.
- Ask your local students to get involved in your community efforts in a meaningful way. Ask them to brainstorm!
- Consider banding together with other communities in your region for a similar land giveaway program.
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022
- Shared retail spaces and sheds: smart business ideas in small towns - October 17, 2022