Two truths about your customers and your business:
1. It’s not a popularity contest. The organization that actually motivates people to act positively wins. Read more of the story at the Donor Power Blog.
2. Happy customers reward you. Our Friend Zane Safrit boils it all down to just that. Go read how those happy customers reward you.
Both authors eschew traditional advertising in favor of the quiet influence of happy customers.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019